winner will be selected from this year’s submissions of original, unpublished
short stories between 3,000 and 7,000 words with LGBT content on the broad
theme of “Saints and Sinners.” This contest would not be possible without a
generous grant from The John Burton Harter Foundation. Radclyffe is an eight-time Lambda Literary Award finalist in romance, mystery, and erotica—winning in both romance (Distant Shores, Silent Thunder) and erotica (Erotica Interludes 2: Stolen Moments). She is the president of Bold Strokes Books, one of the world's largest LGBTQ publishing companies.
grand prize of $500 and two second place prizes of $100 will be awarded. In
addition, the top stories will be published in an anthology from Bold
Strokes Books. There will also be a book release party and reading held
during the 15th annual Saints and Sinners Literary Conference in New
Orleans in 2018. A list of the top ten finalists will be posted on our website
and in our e-newsletter. Have a question about our writing contest? Please send
questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The annual fiction contest is open
to authors at all stages of their careers and to stories in all genres.
- Only previously unpublished
stories will be accepted.
- Stories that won this contest in
previous years are ineligible; their authors remain eligible, but must
submit new work.
- Stories submitted to this contest
in previous years that did not place in the top ten are eligible.
- Stories that have won any other
writing contests are ineligible.
- Stories that do not adhere to the
guidelines below will be disqualified.
Please review our guidelines carefully.
- Submissions should be in standard
manuscript format (double-spaced, one inch margins, 12 point Times or
Times New Roman or similar font).
- Do not double space between
paragraphs. Use indent.
- Please include a word count on
first page under the title.
- Your name and contact information
should NOT appear on the manuscript.
- No bios or resumes. We only
consider manuscript quality.
- Word Count: 3,000 to 7,000.
- Submit only original, unpublished
- Please spell check and review your
submission for typos. Excessive
typos may disqualify your submission.
- Theme (interpret as you wish):
Saints and Sinners
fee: $20 per story. There is no limit
on the number of stories each author may enter.
Deadline: October 3, 2017 (postmark). Submissions for the 9th Annual Contest are now open.