Judge: Jericho Brown
- VIP All-Access Pass ($600 value) for the Festival
- Publication in Louisiana Cultural Vistas Magazine
- Public reading at the next Festival
The top nine finalists will receive a panel pass ($75 value) to the Festival. Their names will be published on this site.
contest is open to writers who have not yet published a book of poetry with an
who have published in other genres are eligible.
contest is for emerging writers. Please submit work that has not won other
prizes or contests (even if poems were unpublished).
2-4 original, unpublished poems of any style or theme, written in English, with
a combined length of up to 400 lines.
- Number all pages in your entry.
use standard fonts such as Times New Roman, Arial, or Georgia in 12 point font
name should not appear on the submission.
- Multiple entries per person and simultaneous submissions accepted. Please notify the
Festival if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- All entries are considered for publication in a future Festival anthology.
take the judges of the contest into consideration. If you know the judges
personally, or have ever attended classes or workshops they instructed, please send
manuscripts that the judges would not have seen before.