Judge: To Be Announced
- Domestic airfare (up to $500) and French Quarter accommodations to attend the Festival in New Orleans
- VIP All-Access Festival pass for the next Festival ($500 value)
- Public reading at a literary panel at the next Festival
- Publication in Louisiana Literature
The top nine finalists will receive a panel pass ($75 value) to the Festival. Their names will be published on this site.
contest is open only to writers who have not yet published a book of fiction.
Published books include self-published books with ISBN numbers. Those who have
published books in other genres besides fiction remain eligible.
previously unpublished stories will be accepted.
submitted to this contest in previous years that did not place are eligible.
that have won and/or placed in any other writing contest are ineligible.
submission is one original short story, written in English, up to 7,000 words.
author’s name should not appear on the manuscript.
must be typed; pages must be numbered and double-spaced.
use standard fonts such as Times New Roman, Arial, or Georgia in 12 point font
submissions accepted; please notify the Festival if your story is accepted
entries per person. Simultaneous submissions accepted. Please notify the
Festival if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- All entries are considered for publication in a future Festival anthology.
take the judges of the contest into consideration. If you know the judges
personally, or have ever attended classes or workshops they instructed, please
use manuscripts that the judges would not have seen before.