Sponsored by the Favrot-Van Horn Fund
Judge: Peter Hagan
- Professional Staged Reading at the next Festival
- VIP All-Access Festival pass ($600 value)
- Publication in Bayou Magazine
The top finalists will receive a panel pass ($100 value) to the Festival. Their names will be published on this site.
- Plays must not have been professionally produced, published, or performed.
- Plays may not be under option, commissioned, or scheduled for professional production or publication at the time of submission.
- If the play was staged for the purpose of providing the author with feedback, such as in a workshop, student showcase, or staged reading connected with a writing program, this is acceptable.
- Students and faculty of the University of New Orleans FTCA and Creative Writing Workshop are ineligible.
- Plays submitted to this contest in previous years that did not win are eligible.
- Plays that have won or placed in any other playwriting contest are ineligible.
- All entries are considered for publication in a future Festival anthology.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted; please notify the Festival if your play is accepted elsewhere.
- The playwright’s name must not appear anywhere in the script.
- Plays should run no more than one hour in length (one act).
- Please do not include professional resumes or biographies with your entry. Entries are judged anonymously; the judges only consider manuscript quality.
- Multiple entries allowed.
- Play content is NOT limited to Tennessee Williams or New Orleans-related themes.