Judge: Greg Brownderville
- VIP All-Access Pass ($600 value) for the Festival
- Publication in Louisiana Cultural Vistas Magazine
- Public reading at the next Festival
The top finalists will receive a panel pass ($75 value) to the Festival. Their names will be published on this site.
- The contest is open to writers who have not yet published a book of poetry with an ISBN number.
- Authors who have published in other genres are eligible.
- This contest is for emerging writers. Please submit work that has not won other prizes or contests (even if poems were unpublished).
- Submit 2-4 original, unpublished poems of any style or theme, written in English, with a combined length of up to 400 lines.
- Number all pages in your entry.
- Please use standard fonts such as Times New Roman, Arial, or Georgia in 12 point font size.
- Author’s name should not appear on the submission.
- Multiple entries per person and simultaneous submissions accepted. Please notify the Festival if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- All entries are considered for publication in a future Festival anthology.
- Please take the judges of the contest into consideration. If you know the judges personally, or have ever attended classes or workshops they instructed, please send manuscripts that the judges would not have seen before.